The report should be typed or word-processed and should comprise no more
than 2,000 words.
Company selected is Imperial Tobacco Group PLC
• Discuss how successful the company has been at delivering value to its shareholders over the past 5 years.
• Undertake a current valuation of the equity in this company, using the following methods:
– Net Asset Value
– Price/Earnings Ratio (or other appropriate multiples)
– Discounted Free Cash Flow (including at least 5 years of forecast cash flows and terminal value)
• Attempt to reconcile any differences in value that you obtain by using these different methods and state (with reasons) what value you think is correct for the company.
You must clearly explain all of your assumptions used in the valuations.
The report should include:
• key point summary of conclusions
• graphical illustration, where appropriate
• a bibliography of sources of information
Detailed tables, extracts or copies of financial information, which should
include a copy of the relevant financial statements, should be placed in the