It is the duty of the prosecutor to seek justice, which does not always mean a conviction. Does the adversarial system of justice interfere with this duty? Research the role and duties of a criminal prosecutor for this assignment.
Develop a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation.
Address the following in your presentation:
· Is it ethical for a prosecutor to file criminal charges when the prosecutor does not have sufficient evidence of guilt, but believes the individual is guilty? Explain.
· What considerations might legitimately factor into a decision to charge an individual with a crime? What considerations should be excluded from this exercise of discretion?
· How does plea bargaining in federal court help to cover up abuses in the system?
· Should the prosecutor be required to help the defendant by providing potentially exonerating evidence in its possession or evidence that might assist the defendant in an affirmative defense or sentence reduction? Explain your answer.
· What are some examples of prosecutorial misconduct? Do the ends justify the means in the examples you provided?
List major points in the slides. Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes section that correlate to each point.
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate.
Format yourpresentation consistent with APA guidelines.